Pavlova , named after the ballerina Anna Pavlova, is a meringue based dessert topped with fresh cream and luscious fruits. A very easy recipe and a real show stopper at dinner parties.
- - 4 egg whites -
- - 220g Caster sugar -
- - 150ml heavy cream -
- - 1 tbsp mascarpone -
- - 3 tbsp icing sugar -
- - Fresh Raspberries , blueberries & Strawberries to Garnish -
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Place egg whites into a clean bowl. Beat with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Gradually add caster sugar, beating well between each addition. Beat until mixture is thick and glossy - this will take at least 5 minutes.
4. Spoon heaped tablespoons or piped swirls of the mixture onto baking trays. Flatten meringue into a disc. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely in the oven with the door ajar.
5. Gently mix together cream, mascapone, icing sugar
6. Arrange meringues on a serving dish. Spoon cream mixture into centres of meringues.
7. Decorate with forest fruit . Serve immediately.